Product Care & Maintenance Information
The tapware supplied and installed by Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd complies with Australian Standards and Water Efficiency Labelling Standards requirements. All tapware has been manufactured using premium quality brass that has been hand polished and chrome plated to resist staining, build up and discolouration to ensure that you get many years of appearance and durability.
The ideal cleaning technique is to always blot dry any water from metal surfaces rather than using a rubbing or scrubbing motion. We recommend you use a soft cloth or sponge and warm soapy water or detergent as necessary; rinse and dry after cleaning to keep your tapware looking bold and beautiful.
Although chrome is a very durable finish, you should always avoid commercial cream cleanser or liquid cleaning products that may contain abrasives, alcohol, bleach or acid-based substances. Allowing water to evaporate on metal may form water deposits (depending on the quality of your water supply), so it is recommended to wipe dry with a soft cloth after use. Residues of shampoo, liquid soap, perfume, toothpaste, shaving creams, moisturiser and other body lotions should be rinsed away with water immediately.
To ensure that you receive the longest-lasting working life possible for your tapware, we recommend the following general advice to you for the care and maintenance of your tapware:
- Don’t use caustic chemicals, aerosol sprays or cream cleansers.
- Clean only with warm, soapy water or detergent.
- Use a soft, dampened sponge or cloth.
- Never use an abrasive brush, pad or cloth to clean your tapware.
- Wipe surfaces clean and thoroughly rinse with water immediately after using or applying any cleaner or solution.
Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd has supplied and installed for you tapware. As such if you are a consumer as defined under the Australian Consumer Law, the tapware supplied come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for the tapware due to a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the tapware repaired or replaced if the tapware fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Tapware Warranty Periods
Your Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd supplied and installed tapware product warranty subject to the conditions below is:
|Product Category||Period||Product Part Description|
|Mixer Taps||15 years||Ceramic disc cartridge domestic use|
|10 years||Ceramic disc cartridge commercial use|
|7 years||Body, spout and handle|
|2 years||Seals, flexibles hoses, fittings, aerator|
|1 year||Surface finish|
|Three Piece Tapware||15 years||Ceramic disc SBA for domestic use|
|10 years||Ceramic disc SBA for commercial use|
|5 years||Body, handles and flanges|
|1 year||Standard jumper valve SBA|
|1 year||SBA and outlet seals|
|1 year||Surface finish|
Commercial use is all tapware installed for use other than for everyday residential, domestic purposes. Commercial use includes tapware used in non-business or non-commercial premises such as public buildings, educational buildings, buildings occupied by not for profit organisations, sports centres, homes offices or in-home business settings.
What Is Not Covered by Warranty
Your Warranty does not cover any defect or damage caused, or partly caused, by or arising through:
- fair wear and tear (e.g. working seals or washers, scratching from cleaning, etc.);
- incorrect handling of the tapware;
- failure to properly use or maintain the tapware;
- use or maintenance of the tapware;
- faulty design of the plumbing system in which the tapware is used that we were not aware of at the time of installation;
- the continued use of the tapware after any defect becomes apparent or would have become apparent to a reasonably prudent operator or user;
- any accident or Act of God.
Voiding of Warranty
Your tapware warranty will be voided if any of the events detailed below occur:
- the water pressure exceeds stated limitations as per the tapware installation instructions;
- the hot water system delivery temperature at the outlet exceeds 65 degrees Celsius;
- the isolation stop taps are removed or not refitted per AS/NZS 3500:2018 requirements for appliances and apparatus;
- other devices are fitted to the outlet of tapware (e.g. water filters);
- non-approved parts are fitted in tap body or end of line water flow regulating devices;
- repair, service, alteration or replacement works have been undertaken without the prior approval of Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd where a non-approved service agent or technician undertakes works or where works are undertaken with non-standard or non-genuine replacement parts;
- unauthorised modifications are made to the tapware;
- the defect is a result of obstructions due to inadequate flushing of water pipes in the event of the water being turned off or problems caused by the council water supply (including silt, thread tape, silicone, copper shavings, corrosion and excessive water pressure over 500kpa);
- there is a failure to regularly clean or replace dirty or blocked tapware aerator inserts etc.;
- there is a failure to inspect braided stainless steel flexible hoses every 12 months for warning signs of failure including bulging, rust spots, wear, moisture, snapped threads, kinking, water staining, general corrosion or discolouration. If any of these warning signs are evident the hoses should be replaced immediately;
- there is any removal or failure to reinstall flow the regulator in tapware;
- the tapware is used with water additives (i.e. cleaning chemicals, disinfectants or deodorising additives);
- damage is caused to finishes by adhesives, sealants, abrasive cleaners, scourers, scrubbers or polishes, etc.;
- damage to any surface, finish or protective coating is caused by an abrasive or harsh product (including solvents, disinfectants, dyes, bleaches, oils, polishes, oxidant, acids, degreasers, alcohol, aerosols, flame, etc.);
- exposure to ferrous metals or oxidants on chrome surfaces occurs (including substantial or prolonged exposure to cast iron, steel wool, chlorides, chlorines, hard water, etc.);
- damage is caused to the tapware from post-installation use;
- damage is caused by misuse or abuse of the tapware, as determined by a Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd licensed plumber.
How To Make a Warranty Claim
Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd installs tapware under the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2018 and Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2019. Installation warranty claims will not be accepted where repair, service, alteration or replacement works have been undertaken without the prior approval of Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd where a non-approved person undertakes any works or where unauthorised modifications are made to the tapware.
A warranty issue must be notified to us as soon as you become aware of the warranty issue. To make a tapware warranty claim on the actually manufactured tapware, we will have your details concerning the tapware and date of installation.
Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd requires reasonable and adequate access to the tapware to undertake warranty repairs during typical weekday working hours. To the fullest extent permitted by law, and subject to and without limiting your consumer rights under the Australian Consumer Law, Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs where reasonable and adequate access to the tapware installation is not provided.
Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd reserves the right to provide you with minor components as ‘parts only’ plus you must bear your costs incurred in making a warranty claim.
Limitation of liability under Warranty
To the fullest extent permitted by law, and subject to and without limiting your consumer rights under the Australian Consumer Law, Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd expressly limits its liability under this warranty and any other statutory guarantee imposed at law to, at its option:
- the replacement or repair of the tapware;
- the supply of an equivalent tapware; or
- the payment of the cost of the tapware, or of repairing the tapware, or of acquiring an equivalent tap.
- In the event, the tapware is unavailable or unable to be supplied, and a replacement is required, Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd reserves the right to provide tapware of equal quality, value and type at their discretion.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd expressly excludes:
- all liability for damage or injury to any person;
- damage to any Property;
- loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of use, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of contracts, loss of production, business interruption or any kind of indirect, special or consequential loss or damage arising in connection with the defective tapware;
- all conditions, warranties and undertakings concerning the tapware except as set out in this document.
- If a Whywait Plumbing Pty Ltd warranty service call finds that your tapware does not have a genuine manufacturing defect, we reserve the right to charge you all reasonable service fees.