GREASE TRAP RELINING, REMEDIATION & REHABILITATION SPECIALISTS
With grease trap relining we can rehabilitate your businesses concrete grease trap without significant disruption to your business operations or any loss of cash flow.
GREASE TRAP RELINING BOOKINGS
For same day grease trap relining service call (07) 5580 4311. For non-urgent repairs feel free to send us your details.
GOLD COAST GREASE TRAP RELINING SPECIALISTS
FROM GREASE TRAP RELINING TO NEW GREASE TRAPS & GREASE TRAP SERVICING, WE DO IT ALL!
GOLD COAST, TWEED & LOGAN – 7 DAY SERVICE
Grease Trap Relining Without Disrupting Your Business Operations
Grease trap relining does not replace grease trap servicing but it has been an enormous leap forward in maintaining leaking and non-operational grease traps. Traditionally grease traps had to be replaced at a horrendous cost. Plus business operations had to close.
With grease trap relining we can rehabilitate your businesses grease trap without significant disruption to your business operations or any loss of cash flow.
Don’t Let Your Grease Trap Impact Your Business
Disruption to business operations if a grease trap needed replacing for a coffee shop, restaurant, cafe, hotel kitchen, commercial kitchen, shopping centre, theme park or any retail or commercial business is no longer the disaster it once was.
It’s a fact that the majority of grease traps installed in shopping centres, restaurants and commercial buildings are manufactured from concrete. They have an estimated operating life of 10 years. This is dependent on the operational environment and the level of maintenance undertaken over the span of its life.
Grease Traps Operate in a Harsh Environment
Grease traps operate in an extremely harsh environment of decaying biomass generated from liquid waste produced by food solids, food grease, food fats, cooking oil and general grease.
As a concrete grease trap ages, they begin to deteriorate in two main areas. The original concrete baffles corrode and frequently fall apart. The actual concrete surface starts to corrode and become severely pitted with essentially concrete cancer destroying the steel reinforcing. When this occurs replacement is required.
Advanced deterioration & pitting of a concrete grease trap that requires relining
Advanced deterioration & pitting of a concrete grease trap with exposed steel reinforcing that requires relining
The Whywait Grease Trap Relining Solution
Grease trap replacement is not only extremely expensive it was also extremely disruptive to the everyday operation of businesses such as restaurants, bakeries and fast food shops.
This has changed with the advent of grease trap relining technology that allows the trained technicians at Whywait Plumbing to completely rehabilitate your existing trap while business continues to function and operate as normal with minimal disruption.
Relining eliminates all of the problems associated with excavation in and around an existing building with all work undertaken by fully trained Whywait Plumbing technicians. Rehabilitation of a grease trap can range from minor concrete repairs or baffle replacement right through to complete relining for a fraction of the cost of a full replacement.
Watch the short instructional video below of a recent relining project that takes you through the whole process, so you are aware of how we will reline your grease trap.
Procedures adhered to by Whywait Plumbing on all grease trap relining projects are:
- Early morning starts with a trade waste vacuum pump truck to remove all liquids and fats to ensure odour emissions do not disrupt business operations. This is followed by removal of the baffles and installation of a temporary by-pass drain to allow access into the trap for high-pressure water cleaning of the walls and base at the same time as the vacuum truck sucks up all the debris and foul water.
- Application of an epoxy resin primer to walls and base to ensure that the repair mortar bonds to the existing concrete.
- Application of high strength, abrasive resistant repair mortar to fill the holes and pitting in the walls and base of the trap.
- Application of the epoxy coating system to the walls and base ensuring that the grease trap is fully coated with an epoxy that is chemical resistant and abrasive resistant that rehabilitates to provide complete protection of the concrete.
- Removal of the bypass drainage system and install new long-life plastic baffles.
- Rehabilitate the gas-tight grease trap lids by grinding clean all of the steel and painting with an anti-rust paint followed by application of waterproof lithium grease to allow for a gas-tight seal of the lids and also for the easy removal of the lids to allow for the scheduled pump out and re-cleaning.
Grease Trap Relining Help
For more information contact Whywait Plumbing today on (07) 5580 4311. We are your grease trap relining and rehabilitation specialists and can answer all your questions to help you make the right decision and that goes for all your plumbing needs!