Install an AquaTrip water leak detection system TODAY as a major water leak in your home costs you more than just money
An AquaTrip water leak detection system is a one-time insurance policy that is simple to install and guaranteed to perform as you can see in the short video to the right.
Water leaks can ruin your home or business fast. The disruption to your life or your business from a water leak is traumatic.
We know how traumatic it is to see your home flooded when it could have been prevented. Preventing water damage with the installation of AquaTrip water leak detection system should be compulsory in every home.
Every year it is distressing to see thousands of homes that are damaged, due to internal flooding caused by burst pipes and fittings that could have been prevented.
You still have to pay for most of the water wasted through a water leak
Gold Coast water is expensive if wasted through leaking pipes. A burst flexible hose tap connector under your kitchen sink will not only flood into your house at 1.5 kilolitres or 1500 litres per hour but will also cost you $4.21 per kilolitre every hour that it flows.
If you think the City of Gold Coast will reimburse you for water leakage from leaking pipes or fixtures, then think again.
There are strict council policies on reimbursement, and even if you meet all the criteria you need to be aware that:
- you will still be charged by the Queensland Government a minimum of $3.122 per kilolitre
- you will be restricted to one claim for relief from payment every three years
To be eligible for leakage relief from City of Gold Coast the following requirements must be met but be aware pool leaks, tap leaks, toilet leaks, leaks in the irrigation system and plumbing fixtures are NOT ELIGIBLE
- the concealed leak was repaired in the main water supply pipe from which water enters the property
- the leak was fixed within two weeks of notification from the City that a leak may exist
- proof the leak has been fixed (attach a copy of the plumber’s invoice)
- the application is made within a term equivalent to one billing period of identification or notification of a potential leak (whichever is sooner)
- all sections of the application form have been completed.
To read the City of Gold Coast’s, “Water and Sewage Leakage Relief Policy” click here
And remember you will receive NO LEAKAGE RELIEF COMPENSATION from the City of Gold Coast for any water leak that does not fit these criteria in their policy.
It is highly unlikely that you will get any compensation from your insurance company for the water cost. To find out more read Does Your Insurance Cover All Water Leaks?
Installation of an AquaTrip water leak detection system is simple watch our 91 second video of Whywait installing an AquaTrip
Leak prevention is always the best solution
Installing an AquaTrip water leak detection system after your water meter is a one time only insurance payment because:
- AquaTrip protects your entire water reticulation system both external and internal
- 34% of insurance water damage claims are caused by the failure of flexible connectors to taps and toilets
- 20% of insurance water damage claims are caused by the failure of appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers
- 32% of insurance water damage claims are caused by faulty plumbing such as tap connections and hot water tanks
- the average insurance repair bill for water damage is $30361.00 without considering the heartache of lost precious possessions and the inconvenience
The AquaTrip Water Leak detection system with an integrated automatic shutoff valve supplied and installed by Whywait Plumbing is a permanently installed leak detection protection system that continually and quietly protects against water leaks 24/7.
An AquaTrip water leak detection system monitors the flow of water into your property, and will:
- Shut off the water automatically in the event of a tap left running,
- Shut off the water automatically for a burst pipe,
- Shut off the water automatically if a tap, valve, fitting, pipe, toilet, cistern or appliance is leaking profusely,
- AquaTrip will save water and reduce water wastage,
- AquaTrip will prevent excessive water bills
- AquaTrip most critically will minimise property damage.
How much is an AquaTrip installation?
The cost of installing an AquaTrip water leak detection system depends on your site conditions but we guarantee it will:
- cost less than the excess on one insurance claim in most instants
- a fraction of the cost of most annual home insurance premiums. AquaTrip provides your home with a lifetime of protection against such water leak events.